Are you confused when attempting to navigate your home’s heating and cooling system? Are you uncertain of where to even begin? Do not worry! Before making any substantial purchases, Troy Furnace & Air Conditioning can catch you up on what you ought to know to discern the best choice for you and your home. First things first, did you know that HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning? This is the system responsible for supplying comfort by heating and cooling your household. While there are many points to make about HVAC, we will now direct our attention to the multiple factors that affect the cost of new HVAC systems and the importance of indoor air quality.
What Aspects Affect the Price of a New HVAC System?
There are six key elements that influence the overall cost of installing a brand spanking new HVAC system: the type, SEER ratings, equipment size/cooling capacities, zones/controls, ductwork/vents/returns, and add-ons.
- The Type: The first aspect affecting the cost of an AC installation is which system you choose. Your choices include a straight AC system, heat pump, packaged system, geothermal system, or a ductless system. Various homes and people are going to have different needs. The type you select plays a major role in installation expenses; however, that’s just the start.
- SEER Ratings: A SEER rating, seasonal energy efficiency ratio, is a maximum efficiency rating compared to the miles per gallon for your car. While there isn’t a set number for SEER, anything over 13 is exceptional! Substituting a low SEER system with a 13+ SEER unit could greatly reduce the expense of cooling your home.
- Equipment Size/Cooling Capacities: Determining the correct size of residential heating and cooling equipment is crucial for obtaining comfortable interior conditions and saving on initial and operating expenses. Who doesn’t want to optimize both energy efficiency and comfort? Nevertheless, bigger doesn’t always mean better! When equipment is oversized, initial fees are higher, efficiency is minimized, and energy costs grow. Consequently, comfort is then compromised.
- Zones/Controls: Zones and controls may also impact system installation costs. Interior structures that demand a multiple-zone AC contain spaces requiring multiple conditioning types within different rooms. Every home is unique, but our professionals at Troy Furnace & Air Conditioning can certainly help you identify your household’s specific needs.
- Ductwork/Vents/Returns: Proper ductwork, vents, and returns are essential for your HVAC system to operate well. These parts and pieces affect how your HVAC equipment heats and cools your home. If there is a concern with any of these, they will need to be immediately addressed.
- Add-Ons: Anticipate paying more if you are interested in investing in optional add-ons for initial installation. Optional add-ons include a zoning system, whole-house humidifier, or UV light filter.
What are the Perks of an Air Purifier?
Air purifiers include one or more filters and a fan. The fan sucks in the air and pushes it through filters. These filters entrap contaminants such as dust, pollen, and bacteria. They then circulate clean air back into the room, sustaining healthy air circulation indoors. The perks of air purifiers include reviving stale air and diminishing the odds of pollutant-induced health issues, including asthmatic symptoms, respiratory infections, and neurological problems.
What is the Significance of Indoor Air Quality?
Several factors in the indoor environment can impact your well-being and health, including but not limited to; microbes, pets and pests, chemicals, humidity, and ventilation. Indoor air pollution is a nuisance that you can change. There is expanding scientific evidence that the air within homes can be more contaminated than the outdoor air in even the largest industrialized cities. Research has also demonstrated that people spend 90% of their livelihood indoors. Thus, exposure to indoor air pollution is not only as crucial but potentially more consequential than exposure to outdoor pollutants. It is even more paramount for the young, old, or chronically ill residing within the household. Keeping your home sanitary, switching your air filter, and investing in an air purifier are just a few basic things our experts at Troy Furnace & Air Conditioning believe every homeowner should know!!
When you’re a homeowner, you are likely to encounter hardships from time to time. Our team works hard to control preventable occurrences so that you and your families can live comfortably and healthily within your home at reasonable costs! Call Troy Furnace & Air Conditioning today at (937) 230-5521, or schedule an appointment online now by clicking here! Let’s create the indoor environment of your dreams!